The American Classic Hawk Walk.
- The Classic hawk walk is available all year round, whether you prefer to come in the warmer weather or brave it out in the snow, again the choice is all yours.
The Eyass Experience
With enough notice our half-days can be tailored to your liking. Whether you want to cuddle up to the owls or simply go over the top and flour our falcons at high speed the choice is yours.
The Yarak Experience
This is very much a hands on experience whereupon during the course of the day you will handle, fly, hunt and feed a variety of Owls, Hawks and Falcons!
Wales Falconry Courses
Our Wales Falconry Courses are designed for candidates at three specific levels;
- Beginner: This Wales course would cover all the paperwork necessary in passing the Basic Lantra Award.
- Intermediate: You would be expected to manage your own hawk, learn how to swing a lure for a falcon, and man manage the more delicate hawks and falcons.
- Advanced: Here you would be expected to understand all aspects of falconry and practice these to an extremely high level.
- Ready, Ready, Go. The hawk left the fist like an exorcet missile and was through the gap before we could see what was happening. It was only when we re-ran the footage back that we all realized we had achieved something special that day.
This website is an archived history of how I, Paul Melton, first started out to become a falconer, and how I have progressed throughout the years. The site contains advise on how to start out in falconry, including my own top six tips when considering falconry as a hobby or even as a career. The site also covers images of all of the birds that I own or have owned in the past, and how each of these birds have been worked whether it be for my own pleasure or for professional purposes.
My site also contains various articles that have been written over a number of years from personal experiences, and it is from these articles that I hope to encourage falconers of the future just how noble and exciting our beloved sport can be.
Paul Melton, Falconer, Wales Falconry